Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Fort Worth in Tarrant County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Grammer-Pierce House

 
 
Grammer-Pierce House Texas Historical Marker Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By QuesterMark, May 8, 2016
1. Grammer-Pierce House Texas Historical Marker Marker
Inscription.  This California style Craftsman bungalow was built in 1915 by A.H. Richter and his wife, Violet (Murdock) Richter, in what is now the Fairmount Historic District. It was purchased in 1917 by Mrs. N.E. Grammer, widow of Nathaniel Grammer. Nathaniel was a prominent Fort Worth businessman, owning the largest and oldest drug store in the city. Mrs. Grammer sold the house in 1940. In 1948, Alice (Lewis) Pierce, who was part Choctaw Indian, purchased the house after she and her husband, Mark, moved to Fort Worth to reestablish themselves following the Stock Market Crash of 1929, they sold the house in 1970.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 2015
Marker is Property of the State of Texas

 
Erected 2015 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 18100.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1915.
 
Location. 32° 43.172′ N, 97° 20.108′ W. Marker is in Fort Worth, Texas, in Tarrant County. Marker is on College Avenue south of Lilac Street, on the right when
Grammer-Pierce House with Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By QuesterMark, May 8, 2016
2. Grammer-Pierce House with Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2232 College Ave, Fort Worth TX 76110, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Southside Church of Christ (approx. Ό mile away); Fairmount-Southside Historic District (approx. half a mile away); Rogers-O'Daniel House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Fort Worth Zoological Park (approx. 1.3 miles away); Mt. Zion Baptist Church (approx. 1.3 miles away); Westbrook Estate (approx. 1.4 miles away); Fort Worth Main Post Office Building (approx. 1.9 miles away); Eddleman-McFarland House (approx. 2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Worth.
 
More about this marker. The dedication ceremony for this marker was held May 7, 2016 at 2:00 PM.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 9, 2016, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 391 times since then and 68 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on May 9, 2016, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=94541

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Oct. 5, 2022