Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Pandora in Putnam County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Site of the First Swiss Mennonite Church

The Old White Church

 

— Mother of Four Local Congregations —

 
Site of the First Swiss Mennonite Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, May 10, 2016
1. Site of the First Swiss Mennonite Church Marker
Inscription.  (log church artwork) Site of the First Swiss Mennonite Church erected in Putnam Co, Ohio 1840
 
Erected 1960 by Swiss Community Historical Society.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1840.
 
Location. 40° 55.399′ N, 83° 56.27′ W. Marker is near Pandora, Ohio, in Putnam County. Marker is on Phillips Road (County Route 4), on the left when traveling north. Marker is half way between St. John Mennonite Church and Ebenezer Mennonite Church. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 17748 Road 4, Pandora OH 45877, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pandora Veterans Memorial (approx. 2.3 miles away); American Revolution Bicentennial (approx. 2.3 miles away); Ohio Historical Flood Marker (approx. 2.4 miles away); Bluffton (approx. 2.4 miles away); Bluffton Veterans Memorial (approx. 2.7 miles away); Boehr Block (approx. 3.2 miles away); Celebrating Our Heritage Mural
Site of the First Swiss Mennonite Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, May 10, 2016
2. Site of the First Swiss Mennonite Church Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 3.2 miles away); Bridenbaugh District #3 School (approx. 4.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pandora.
 
More about this marker. Marker was the work of local artist John Klassen
 
Site of the First Swiss Mennonite Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, May 10, 2016
3. Site of the First Swiss Mennonite Church Marker
Site of the First Swiss Mennonite Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, May 10, 2015
4. Site of the First Swiss Mennonite Church Marker
Ebenezer Mennonite Church about 2 miles south, on Phillips Road, birthed by the Old White Church.
Site of the First Swiss Mennonite Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, May 10, 2016
5. Site of the First Swiss Mennonite Church Marker
St. John Mennonite Church, 2 miles north on Phillips Road, birthed by the Old White Church.
Site of the First Swiss Mennonite Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, May 10, 2016
6. Site of the First Swiss Mennonite Church Marker
logo of the Swiss Mennonite Historical Society
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 10, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 304 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on May 10, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=94550

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Oct. 2, 2022