Taylor in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
West Mound Church
Built by German settlers in 1882, this church was located on Eureka Road across from what is now Southland Shopping Center. Formerly known as West Mound United Methodist Church, it was donated to the City of Taylor and moved to Heritage Park in 1994 using TIFA funds. The church was restored by the Taylor Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1882.
Location. 42° 12.967′ N, 83° 15.133′ W. Marker is in Taylor, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker can be reached from Pardee Road, 0.3 miles north of Northline Road. The church and marker are located with the historical buildings at the southwest corner of Heritage Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 12111 Pardee Road, Taylor MI 48180, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Town Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); The Log Cabin (within shouting distance of this marker); Coan Lake (within shouting distance of this marker); The Greenwald Herkimer HouseThe Sell/Schonsheck House (about 400 feet away); Taylor Heritage School (about 500 feet away); Hand Train Station (about 500 feet away); Fitz's Caboose (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Taylor.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 14, 2022. It was originally submitted on May 13, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 336 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 13, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.