Newnan in Coweta County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
In Memory of General Daniel Newnan
General Daniel Newnan
Veteran of the War of 1812
Major-General Georgia Milita 3rd. Div. 1817
Secretary of State 1825–1827
United States Congressman 1831–1833
was named for this distinguished
soldier and statesman
Erected 1925 by the Sarah Dickinson Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • War of 1812. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1812.
Location. 33° 22.489′ N, 84° 47.992′ W. Marker is in Newnan, Georgia, in Coweta County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of East Court Square (U.S. 29) and North Court Square, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 East Court Square, Newnan GA 30263, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Coweta County World War I Memorial (here, next to this Coweta County Confederate Monument (a few steps from this marker); Coweta County (a few steps from this marker); Confederate Hospitals (a few steps from this marker); Governor William Yates Atkinson (within shouting distance of this marker); Battle of Brown's Mill (within shouting distance of this marker); Governor Ellis Gibbs Arnall (within shouting distance of this marker); William Thomas Overby (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newnan.
Also see . . . Wikipedia article on Daniel Newnan. (Submitted on May 15, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 16, 2019. It was originally submitted on May 15, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 386 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 15, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.