Brentwood in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Site of Historic Brentwood Hotel
The 2nd Brentwood Hotel was built in 1913. It was a beautiful example of Spanish and Moorish design, with a wide inventory of elements, including earth tone plaster walls and arches, columns, pitched roof, paseos, corbels and kickers. The two story Hotel was demolished in July 1967.
The appearance of the new Chevron station on this site was the result of a collaborative effort of City Community Development staff, the Planning Commission, and Chevron, to reflect the image of the 2nd Brentwood Hotel through the use of many of the design elements of that earlier structure.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 37° 55.905′ N, 121° 41.724′ W. Marker is in Brentwood Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 336 Oak Street, Brentwood CA 94513, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Byer/Nail House (approx. 1.8 miles away); John and Abby Marsh (approx. 3.3 miles away); Byron (approx. 5.2 miles away); July 4, Anno Domini, 1951 (approx. 8.2 miles away); The Woman's Club of Antioch (approx. 8.6 miles away); Birthplace of Antioch (approx. 8.7 miles away); F & AM - Antioch-Brentwood Lodge #175 Building (approx. 8.7 miles away); The Cannery Lady (approx. 8.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brentwood.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 16, 2016, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 203 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 16, 2016, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.