Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Sabinal in Uvalde County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Sabinal Methodist Church

 
 
Sabinal Methodist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William F Haenn, March 8, 2016
1. Sabinal Methodist Church Marker
Inscription.  This church began in 1876 as part of the Sabinal circuit assigned to the Rev. Henry T. Hill. Circuit ministers served the fellowship until 1900, when it became an organized congregation. Services were held in the Christian and Baptist church buildings until the present structure was completed in 1907. For a time pastors at Sabinal Methodist Church also served new rural congregations in Trio and Knippa. As the membership grew and church programs expanded to meet the needs of the community, additions were made to the church facility.
 
Erected 1983 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4427.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the San Antonio-El Paso Road series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1876.
 
Location. 29° 19.052′ N, 99° 28.079′ W. Marker is in Sabinal, Texas, in Uvalde County. Marker is at the intersection of Fisher Avenue West (U.S. 90) and South San Antonio Street, on the right when traveling west on Fisher Avenue West. Touch for map
Sabinal Methodist Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William F Haenn, March 8, 2016
2. Sabinal Methodist Church
Click or scan to see
this page online
. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 Fisher Ave W, Sabinal TX 78881, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Sabinal Wait Station (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Baptist Church of Sabinal (approx. 0.4 miles away); Sabinal (approx. half a mile away); John M. Davenport (approx. half a mile away); Site of Camp Sabinal (approx. 0.9 miles away); Emmanuel Lutheran Church (approx. 10.3 miles away); Town of Knippa (approx. 10.4 miles away); D'Hanis Brick and Tile Company (approx. 11.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sabinal.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on August 28, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 18, 2016, by William F Haenn of Fort Clark (Brackettville), Texas. This page has been viewed 354 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on May 18, 2016, by William F Haenn of Fort Clark (Brackettville), Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=94689

Paid Advertisements
 
 

Jul. 4, 2022