Sutter Creek in Amador County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
William Tucker's Fire Bell
The bell hung in a wooden bell tower in the late 1800s at the fire station near the corner of Spanish St. and Keyes St.
The bell was relocated to a 60' steel tower at the north end of Main Street and Hayden Alley in 1907 after the formation of the fire district in 1905.
An additional fire bell was installed at the south end of Main Street in 1913 where it is located today.
Dedicated September 4th 2010, by the Sutter Creek Volunteer Fire Department and the Sutter Creek Fire District in memory of all those who have served the city of Sutter Creek and Amador County.
Erected 2010 by Sutter Creek Volunteer Fire Department and the Sutter Creek Fire District.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Landmarks. In addition, it is included in the Historic Bells 🔔 series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1907.
Location. 38° 24.009′ N, 120° 48.519′ W. Marker is in Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 350 Hanford Street, Sutter Creek CA 95685, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sutter Creek’s First Fire Bell (here, next to this marker); Lincoln Mine (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Lincoln Mine (approx. ¼ mile away); 135 Amelia Street (approx. 0.3 miles away); Union Mine Boarding House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Mahoney Mine (approx. 0.4 miles away); Wildman Mine (approx. 0.4 miles away); Leland Stanford, Jr. (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sutter Creek.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 24, 2017. It was originally submitted on May 22, 2016, by James King of San Miguel, California. This page has been viewed 330 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 22, 2016, by James King of San Miguel, California. 5, 6, 7. submitted on July 23, 2017, by James King of San Miguel, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.