Fenton in Genesee County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1971 by Michigan Historical Commission. (Marker Number L164.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Railroads & Streetcars. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1855.
Location. 42° 47.922′ N, 83° 42.288′ W. Marker is in Fenton, Michigan, in Genesee County. Marker is at the intersection of North Leroy Street and Main Street, on the right when traveling north on North Leroy StreetTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 302 North Leroy Street, Fenton MI 48430, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fenton United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); 1840 Grindstone from Fenton Mills (approx. 0.3 miles away); 1834 Clark Dibble Settlement (approx. 0.3 miles away); 1889 A.J. Phillips Work Office (approx. 0.3 miles away); Riggs Hotel (approx. 0.4 miles away); Dibbleville (approx. 0.4 miles away); Dibbleville Business District I (approx. 0.4 miles away); Dibbleville Business District II (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fenton.
Regarding Fenton House. The marker is titled "Fenton House", but this building is now the Fenton Hotel. Fenton House is now the name of a restaurant about 1/2 mile south on South Leroy Street.
Also see . . . Fenton Hotel. A history of the Fenton Hotel on the hotel's website. (Submitted on May 22, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 25, 2019. It was originally submitted on May 22, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 307 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on June 24, 2019. 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 22, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. 5. submitted on June 24, 2019.