Jamestown in Chautauqua County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Jamestown Architectural Heritage
413 N. Main Street
Milton Earl Beebe
Built in 1881 - 1882
George Washington Tew
City National Bank in 1880
Tew Mansion was later purchased
by Jamestown Club for Men
Erected by Lakeview Avenue Community Action Project.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture. A significant historical year for this entry is 1881.
Location. 42° 5.879′ N, 79° 14.513′ W. Marker is in Jamestown, New York, in Chautauqua County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street and West 5th Street (New York State Route 394), on the left when traveling north on North Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 413 North Main Street, Jamestown NY 14701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Here the First School House (a few steps from this marker); Site of Jamestown Female Seminary (within shouting distance of this marker); The First Newspaper (within shouting Keyes' Carpenter Shop (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named "Keyes' Carpenter Shop" (about 400 feet away); Thurston Block (about 400 feet away); Edith M. Ainge (about 400 feet away); Site of Gurney Ball Bearing Co. (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jamestown.
Also see . . . Milton Earl Beebe - Wikipedia. (Submitted on May 25, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 25, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 362 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on May 25, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.