Sinclairville in Chautauqua County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Fortified Village of Erie Indians
of Erie Indians
probably destroyed by the Iroquois about 1650
Erected 1982 by Valley Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Native Americans. A significant historical year for this entry is 1650.
Location. 42° 15.896′ N, 79° 15.459′ W. Marker is in Sinclairville, New York, in Chautauqua County. Marker is at the intersection of Park Street (County Route 49) and Church Street, on the right when traveling north on Park Street. Marker is within a linear green space sandwiched between Park Street and Parkway Drive. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sinclairville NY 14782, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Honoring (within shouting distance of this marker); Jack W. Brunson (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Red Bird Tavern (approx. 3.2 miles away); Town of Gerry Veterans Memorial (approx. 4½ miles away); Dedicated to All (approx. 6 miles away); Lily Dale AssemblyFirst Cheese Factory (approx. 7.2 miles away); Memorial (approx. 8.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sinclairville.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 17, 2017. It was originally submitted on May 25, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 361 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 25, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.