Dadeville in Tallapoosa County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
First Baptist Church
Dadeville First Baptist Church was organized on December 1, 1838. The initial congregation of nine community members. banding together to serve Christ, met first in a home and then in the Masonic Lodge. The first sanctuary, built in 1854 on Lafayette Street, was destroyed by fire in 1910. It was replaced by a magnificent new building in 1911 on this site. On September 4, 1964, the current sanctuary was dedicated to the glory of God and to His service.
truth endureth to all generations. Psalm 100:5
Erected 2013 by Alabama Historical Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is September 4, 1964.
Location. 32° 49.789′ N, 85° 45.877′ W. Marker is in Dadeville, Alabama, in Tallapoosa County. Marker is at the intersection of South Tallassee Street and Eufalla Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 178 South Tallassee Street, Dadeville AL 36853, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fletcher Napoleon Farrington, Sr. (within shouting distance of this marker); Alabama Mills WWII Memorial (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Tallapoosa County Peace Officers (about 400 feet away); Tallapoosa County World War I Memorial (about 600 feet away); Tallapoosa County World War II Memorial (about 600 feet away); Tallapoosa County Korean & Vietnam War Memorial (about 600 feet away); Battle Of Horseshoe Bend (about 600 feet away); Johnson J. Hooper (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dadeville.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 9, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 291 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 9, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.