Victoria in Victoria County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1996 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4234.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1883.
Location. 28° 47.653′ N, 97° 0.299′ W. Marker is in Victoria, Texas, in Victoria County. Marker is at the intersection of South De Leon Street and East Murray Street, on the right when traveling south on South De Leon Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 507 S De Leon St, Victoria TX 77901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. B. F. Williams House (within shouting distance of this marker); Webster Chapel United Methodist Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Power Home (about 700 feet away); Palestine Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Mary's Church, Catholic (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Victoria's First Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Pela House (approx. ¼ mile away); Fossati's Delicatessen (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Victoria.
Also see . . .
1. Indianola, TX, article in Handbook of Texas Online. (Submitted on June 21, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas.)
2. Indianola Hurricanes article at Handbook of Texas Online. (Submitted on June 21, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 22, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 21, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. This page has been viewed 403 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 21, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.