Near Coffee Springs in Coffee County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Holloway Tabernacle Church
In 1915 this congregation joined with the Alabama District of The Assemblies of God. First pastors were: Rev. Elijah Spence and Rev. Wayne Tomlin.
First deacons were: G.W. Grimes, Jim Holloway, A.D. Grimes and Dan Stinson.
Charter members were: Joe and Mary T. Holloway, George and Anna Grimes, Dan and Georgan Stinson, John W. Holloway, Dewey P. Holloway, Jim Holloway, Andrew and Mary Bell Grimes, Melinda J. Kennedy, Francis Anderson, Oscar and Mattie Weeks, Ellen Wooten and Alice Grimes.
Erected 1978 by Alabama Historical Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1912.
Location. 31° 14.6′ N, 85° 57.842′ W. Marker is near Coffee Springs, Alabama, in Coffee County. Marker is at the intersection of County Route 639 and County Route 640, on the right when traveling west on County Route 639. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Coffee Springs AL 36318, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, Mt. Pleasant Misionary Baptist Church (approx. 4.4 miles away); Battle Branch (approx. 4.8 miles away); Wellborn (approx. 5.9 miles away); Enterprise Academy (approx. 7.7 miles away); Enterprise Depot (approx. 8.1 miles away); Rawls Hotel (approx. 8.1 miles away); Boll Weevil Monument (approx. 8.2 miles away); First United Methodist Church (approx. 8.2 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 22, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 21, 2016, by David J Gaines of Pinson, Alabama. This page has been viewed 461 times since then and 39 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on June 21, 2016, by David J Gaines of Pinson, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?