Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Wlliamsburg in Clermont County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Harmony Hill 1800

 

— Clermont County Bicentennial Marker —

 
Harmony Hill 1800 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, June 23, 2016
1. Harmony Hill 1800 Marker
Inscription.  Homestead of Major General William Lytle, known as the “Father of Clermont County” for his many contributions to the formation and settlement of the county. A surveyor by profession, Lytle surveyed and acquired many acres of land in Clermont. He laid out the town of Williamsburgh in 1796. His homestead consisted of 600 acres with a two-story frame house, a stone land office where land was sold, and a stone dairy house that has been restored. On this site was also the first post office in the county. Lytle lived at Harmony Hill until 1809, when he moved with his family to Cincinnati, Ohio, where he died in 1831.
 
Erected 2003 by Clermont County Bicentennial Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers.
 
Location. 39° 3.051′ N, 84° 3.281′ W. Marker is in Wlliamsburg, Ohio, in Clermont County. Marker can be reached from S 3rd St. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 299 S 3rd St, Williamsburg OH 45176, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Stepping Stone (a few steps from
Harmony Hill 1800 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, June 23, 2016
2. Harmony Hill 1800 Marker
Full view of marker and house
Click or scan to see
this page online
this marker); Dairy House at Harmony Hill (within shouting distance of this marker); Marcus Sims - Huber Tannery Location (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Permanent Residence (approx. 0.2 miles away); Davies House (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Town Square (approx. 0.3 miles away); Dr. L.T. Pease Home Site (approx. 0.4 miles away); Charles B. Huber Home Site (approx. 0.4 miles away).
 
Harmony Hill 1800 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, June 23, 2016
3. Harmony Hill 1800 Marker
Sign at the "end" of Third Street
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on August 28, 2022. It was originally submitted on July 4, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 276 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 4, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=95611

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Nov. 28, 2022