Dayton in Montgomery County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
These stones were an original part of the County Courthouse erected on this site in 1884. They were preserved by the Dayton Bar Association when the building was razed in 1974 and thereafter incorporated into this wall with the assistance of contributions from the Dayton Foundation and an anonymous donor.
Erected 1979 by Dayton Bar Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture.
Location. 39° 45.598′ N, 84° 11.534′ W. Marker is in Dayton, Ohio, in Montgomery County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street (Ohio Route 48) and West Third Street, on the right when traveling south on North Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7 N Main Str, Dayton OH 45402, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dayton’s First Church Bell (here, next to this marker); Lincoln Takes a Stand (here, next to this marker); "Remember the Promises You Made in the Attic" Abraham Lincoln (within shouting distance of this marker); Roman Column (within shouting distance of this marker); Victoria Theater (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Josephine and Hermene Schwarz (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cooper Park (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dayton.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 5, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 4, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 256 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 4, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.