Westerville in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Blendon Presbyterian Church
Erected 1976 by the William Goldsmith family, Blendon Township Trustees, Blendon Bicentennial Commission, and The Ohio Historical Society; on July 4th. (Marker Number 6-25.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1829.
Location. 40° 5.717′ N, 82° 54.3′ W. Marker is in Westerville, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Dempsey Road and Hempstead Road. It is at Blendon Central Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Westerville OH 43081, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Edward Phelps (a few steps from this marker); Blendon Township's Early Presbyterian Churches and Church BellPhelps Acre Park (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Blendon Central Cemetery (about 300 feet away); Blendon Township War Memorial (about 300 feet away); The Ellsworth Chapel (approx. 0.9 miles away); Central College Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.9 miles away); Pioneer Cemetery Armed Forces Memorial (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Westerville.
Also see . . . Blendon Central Cemetery. (Submitted on January 20, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 26, 2008, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 894 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 26, 2008, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. 3, 4. submitted on January 20, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.