“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

New Orleans in Orleans Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)

Trinity Church Episcopal

Founded 1847

Trinity Church Episcopal Marker image. Click for full size.
July 7, 2016
1. Trinity Church Episcopal Marker
This building erected 1852-54
George Purves, Architect-Builder
In 1867 the chancel was extended 32 feet.
The entrance tower was added in 1873
Charles L. Hillger, Architect
Peter R. Middlemiss, Builder.
The parish house in the rear
was built in 1909
Samuel Stanhope Labouisse, Architect.

This plaque was given in memory of F. Monroe Labouisse, Jr. (1939-1986) by the Louisiana Landmarks Society
Erected 1987 by Orleans Parish Landmarks Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 29° 55.908′ N, 90° 4.709′ W. Marker is in New Orleans, Louisiana, in Orleans Parish. Marker is on Jackson Avenue near Coliseum Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1329 Jackson Avenue, New Orleans LA 70130, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Goldsmith-Godchaux House (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Manse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Brevard-Rice House (approx.
Trinity Church Episcopal Marker image. Click for full size.
July 7, 2016
2. Trinity Church Episcopal Marker
0.2 miles away); Bradish Johnson House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Adams – Jones House (approx. ¼ mile away); Jefferson Davis (approx. ¼ mile away); Edward A. Davis House (approx. ¼ mile away); St. Alphonsus Church (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Orleans.
Also see . . .  Trinty Church website. (Submitted on July 25, 2016, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.)
Trinity Church Episcopal image. Click for full size.
July 7, 2016
3. Trinity Church Episcopal
Credits. This page was last revised on March 18, 2017. It was originally submitted on July 12, 2016. This page has been viewed 248 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 12, 2016. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 4, 2020