Great Valley in Cattaraugus County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Plank Road House
Built ca 1856 at junction of Ellicottville-Great Valley Plank Road & road to Franklinville. Served as hotel, livery & post office
Erected 2015 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation. (Marker Number 255.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Postal Mail and Philately, and the William G. Pomeroy Foundation series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1856.
Location. 42° 12.871′ N, 78° 38.174′ W. Marker is in Great Valley, New York, in Cattaraugus County. Marker is at the intersection of Salamanca-Sugartown Road (New York State Route 98) and Humphrey Road, on the right when traveling north on Salamanca-Sugartown Road. Located at Evergreen Tea Room and Guest House. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Great Valley NY 14741, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. In Honor and Memory (within shouting distance of this marker); Jefferson Street Cemetery (approx. 4.2 miles away); First Frame House In Memory of Those From Ellicottville (approx. 4.6 miles away); Ellicottville Town Hall (approx. 4.6 miles away); First Settler (approx. 5 miles away); In Memory of Our Dead Comrades (approx. 5.2 miles away); Dedicated to Those from the Salamanca Area (approx. 6.4 miles away).
Also see . . . Evergreen Tea Room and Guest House. Historic Paths of Cattaraugus County website entry (Submitted on February 13, 2022, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on February 13, 2022. It was originally submitted on July 13, 2016, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 267 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 13, 2016, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.