Forney in Kaufman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1989 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 8534.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture.
Location. 32° 44.673′ N, 96° 28.302′ W. Marker is in Forney, Texas, in Kaufman County. Marker is on South Center Street, 0.1 miles north of East Church Street, on the right when traveling north. House, and marker, behind fence but still visible. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 303 S Center St, Forney TX 75126, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William and Blanche Brooks House (about 700 feet away, measured William Madison McDonald (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dick P. Moore House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Walter Dickson Adams and the Adams Drugstore (approx. 0.2 miles away); 1899 Automobile Trip (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dixie Overland Highway (approx. ¼ mile away); Forney (approx. ¼ mile away); Forney Independent School District (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Forney.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 14, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 13, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. This page has been viewed 372 times since then and 103 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 13, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.