Lander in Fremont County, Wyoming — The American West (Mountains)
Borner's Garden Schoolhouse
The school opened with 20 students ranging from first to eighth grade and served the community as a center of education until 1948. Several alumni of this country school still reside in the Lander area.
Erected by Museum of the American West.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1875.
Location. 42° 50.449′ N, 108° 44.829′ W. Marker is in Lander, Wyoming, in Fremont County. Marker can be reached from Main Street (U.S. 287) near Clinched Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1445 Main Street, Lander WY 82520, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Fort Augur (approx. 0.8 miles away); Noble Lane Building (approx. 0.9 miles away); M.N Baldwin Co. Noble Hotel (approx. one mile away); Fremont Hotel (approx. one mile away); Bossert Building (approx. one mile away); Lander Hotel (approx. one mile away); Main Street (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lander.
More about this marker. The schoolhouse is on the grounds of the Museum of the American West.
Additional keywords. One-room schoolhouse
Credits. This page was last revised on July 18, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 15, 2016, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 331 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 15, 2016, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.