Kaufman in Kaufman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Christian Church of Kaufman
Erected 1980 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9427.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1861.
Location. 32° 35.174′ N, 96° 18.758′ W. Marker is in Kaufman, Texas, in Kaufman County. Marker is at the intersection of South Houston Street and Pridmore Street, on the left when traveling north on South Houston Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 504 South Houston Street, Kaufman TX 75142, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this markerFirst United Methodist Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Church of Our Merciful Saviour (about 800 feet away); First Baptist Church of Kaufman (approx. ¼ mile away); Greenslade Drug Store (approx. ¼ mile away); Kaufman County Confederate Soldiers Monument (approx. ¼ mile away); Huff-Park House (approx. ¼ mile away); Mrs. William P. King (approx. 0.3 miles away); Kaufman County (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kaufman.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 26, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. This page has been viewed 235 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 26, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.