Near Round Top in Austin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Town of Shelby
Erected 1974 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4669.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1822.
Location. 30° 1.425′ N, 96° 35.884′ W. Marker is near Round Top, Texas, in Austin County. Marker is at the intersection of Farm to Market Road 1457 and Farm to Market Road 389, on the right when traveling north on Road 1457. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Round Top TX 78954, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this markerHenniger Family Cemetery (approx. 1.1 miles away); Breeding Family Cemetery / First School in Fayette County (approx. 4˝ miles away); Nassau Plantation (approx. 4.6 miles away); Winedale Stagecoach Inn (approx. 5.1 miles away); Charles Fordtran (approx. 5.9 miles away); Samuel Knight Lewis (approx. 6 miles away); Industry Post Office (approx. 6.4 miles away); John Friedrich Ernst, Jr. (approx. 6˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Round Top.
Also see . . . David Shelby article in Handbook of Texas Online. (Submitted on July 30, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 1, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 30, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. This page has been viewed 294 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 30, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.