El Campo in Wharton County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1990 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1410.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 29° 11.916′ N, 96° 16.033′ W. Marker is in El Campo, Texas, in Wharton County. Marker is at the intersection of East Jackson Street (Business U.S. 59) and Main Street, on the left when traveling east on East Jackson Street. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First National Bank of El Campo (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Prairie Switch (approx. 0.2 miles away); El Campo Library Building (approx. 0.3 miles away); El Campo First Baptist Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); First Christian Church of El Campo (approx. 0.4 miles away); El Campo Independent School District (approx. half a mile away); St. Philip the Apostle Catholic Parish (approx. 0.6 miles away); Site of Pierce Hotel (approx. 4.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in El Campo.
Also see . . . El Campo, TX, article in Handbook of Texas Online. (Submitted on July 30, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 1, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 30, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. This page has been viewed 298 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 30, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.