Greenwood in Jackson County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Hayes Long Mansion
Long's ancestor, Richard H. Long came into this area around 1820 and was one of the major planters. He was active in Indian and community affairs and was one of the signers of the Florida Constitution.
In 1984 William's great, great grand daughter, Billy Hay Wall Williams, sold it. It was restored by its present owners' Dan and Rosalind Di Michele.
Erected 1997 by Chipola Historical Trust.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1840.
Location. 30° 52.493′ N, 85° 9.721′ W. Marker is in Greenwood, Florida, in Jackson County. Marker is on Bryan Street (State Road 71) 0.3 miles north Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Greenwood FL 32443, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Erwin House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Greenwood Baptist Church (approx. half a mile away); Great Oaks (approx. 0.7 miles away); Sylvania Plantation (approx. 5.9 miles away); General Andrew Jackson in Florida - 1818 (approx. 5.9 miles away); Dellwood Methodist Church (approx. 7˝ miles away); Davis-West House (approx. 7.6 miles away); Lewis-Wykoff House (approx. 7.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greenwood.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 4, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 11, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 643 times since then and 39 times this year. Last updated on August 3, 2016, by William Williams of Pensacola, Florida. Photos: 1. submitted on August 11, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. 2, 3. submitted on June 4, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. 4. submitted on August 4, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.