West Palm Beach in Palm Beach County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old St. Ann's Church
Dedicated March 15, 1898, on the southeast comer of Rosemary and Datura Streets. In 1902, it was moved to this site donated by Henry Flagler and served the Catholic community until 1913, when the new church was dedicated. The old church was then used as the forerunner of St. Ann’s School built in 1925. St. Ann’s Church is the oldest Catholic church and parish in the Diocese of Palm Beach. It was developed by the fathers of the Society of Jesus.
Erected 1986 by Seminole Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical date for this entry is March 15, 1898.
Location. 26° 42.928′ N, 80° 3.104′ W. Marker is in West Palm Beach, Florida, in Palm Beach County. Marker is at the intersection of North Olive Avenue and 2nd Street, on the right when traveling north on North Olive Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 310 North Olive Avenue, West Palm Beach FL 33401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance1916 Palm Beach County Courthouse (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dade County State Bank Building (about 600 feet away); Flagler Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); West Palm Beach Fishing Club (approx. 0.2 miles away); Former State of Florida Board of Health Laboratory (approx. ¼ mile away); Clematis Street Commercial Historic District (approx. 0.3 miles away); Flagler Memorial Bridge (approx. 0.4 miles away); Sea Gull Cottage (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in West Palm Beach.
Also see . . . St. Ann Catholic Church. (Submitted on August 12, 2016.)
Credits. This page was last revised on March 5, 2018. It was originally submitted on August 11, 2016, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 242 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 11, 2016, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.