New Albany in Union County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 1966 by Mississippi Historical Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Arts, Letters, Music. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical date for this entry is September 25, 1897.
Location. 34° 29.68′ N, 89° 0.258′ W. Marker is in New Albany, Mississippi, in Union County. Marker is at the intersection of Cleveland Street and Jefferson Street, on the right when traveling east on Cleveland Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Cleveland Street, New Albany MS 38652, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mosley and Johnson (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Union County, Mississippi (approx. 0.2 miles away); New Albany, Mississippi (approx. 0.4 miles away); Elder Roma Wilson & Rev. Leon Pinson (approx. B.F. Ford School (approx. 0.6 miles away); Glenfield Baptist Church (approx. 2.3 miles away); Stratford Company (approx. 2.7 miles away); Ishtehotopah (approx. 3.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Albany.
Also see . . . From New Albany to Yoknapatawpha - William Faulkner. (Submitted on August 12, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 23, 2019. It was originally submitted on August 12, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 275 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 12, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.