Clarksville in Red River County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Members of Confederate Congresses
Texas in the Civil War
Erected 1965 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 10871.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • War, US Civil. A significant historical month for this entry is February 1861.
Location. 33° 36.68′ N, 95° 3.008′ W. Marker is in Clarksville, Texas, in Red River County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Locust Street and Main Street (Business U.S. 82). Located in the town square, former location of the courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 103 Locust Street, Clarksville TX 75426, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Five Signers of the Texas Declaration of Independence from Red River County (here, next to this marker); Stagecoach Stand, C. S. A. (a few steps from this marker); The Rev. William Stevenson (a few steps from this marker); Home of Col. Charles DeMorse (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Northern Standard (about 600 feet away); First Presbyterian Church Clarksville (about 700 feet away); Red River County War Memorial (about 700 feet away); Red River Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clarksville.
Also see . . . Wikipedia article on the Confederate Congress. (Submitted on August 15, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 15, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 15, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 353 times since then and 57 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 15, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Clearer photo of marker. • Can you help?