Clarksville in Red River County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Red River Courthouse
Fifth courthouse for
county. Built 1885. Italian
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
National Register of Historic Places
United States Department of the Interior
Erected 1966 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 10872.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Landmarks • Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1836.
Location. 33° 36.801′ N, 95° 3.07′ W. Marker is in Clarksville, Texas, in Red River County. Marker is at the intersection of Walnut Street and Monroe Street, on the right when traveling south on Walnut Street. Mounted to the outside wall of the courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 400 Walnut Street, Clarksville TX 75426, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Red River County War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); The Northern StandardRed River County Jail (about 400 feet away); Home of Col. Charles DeMorse (about 600 feet away); St. Paul Methodist Church (about 700 feet away); The Rev. William Stevenson (about 800 feet away); Five Signers of the Texas Declaration of Independence from Red River County (about 800 feet away); Stagecoach Stand, C. S. A. (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clarksville.
Also see . . . Red River Valley Courthouse - Texas Escapes. (Submitted on August 15, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 24, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 15, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 308 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 15, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.