Corydon in Harrison County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Old Capital Bank
Bank later purchased this bilding at public auction for $35,000 and opened March 31, 1923. The Neo-Classical structure, built in 1910 by a previous bank, was rated "Outstanding" in 1987 by the Historic Landmarks Foundation of Indiana. Matching South building and center section constructed 1987.
Known as "the Bank where you feel at home," Old Capital has been a principal catalyst for personal financial well-being and economic development in Harrison County. It always held the philosophy that the success of its customers is the true measure of the Bank's success.
Old Capital became an affiliate of Indiana National Corporation in 1986 and this philosophy continues.
Erected by Old Capital Bank & Trust Company.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Landmarks • Notable Buildings. A significant historical month for this entry is March 1922.
Location. 38° 12.653′ N, 86° Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 105 North Capitol Ave, Corydon IN 47112, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hottell Insurance Building (within shouting distance of this marker); The Kintner House Inn (within shouting distance of this marker); Indiana Capitol (within shouting distance of this marker); Bell Predates the Civil War (within shouting distance of this marker); Posey House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Harrison County Jail (about 300 feet away); Battle of Corydon (about 300 feet away); World War I Memorial (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Corydon.
Regarding Old Capital Bank. The Old Capital Bank building now houses the Harrison County Library. The old bank door ways were sealed over and the building holds two plaques identifying the building by its past (Old Capital Bank & Trust Co.) and its present (Public Library).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 30, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 1,541 times since then and 92 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 30, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.