New Scotland in Albany County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Lime Kiln Farm
used to make lime. First
farmed 1842. Miller Family
farmed here over 100 years
beginning in 1905.
Erected 2016 by New Scotland Historical Association and the William G. Pomeroy Foundation. (Marker Number 280.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the William G. Pomeroy Foundation series list.
Location. 42° 35.669′ N, 73° 56.543′ W. Marker is in New Scotland, New York, in Albany County. Marker is on Clipp Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 277 Clipp Road, Delmar NY 12054, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. David Allen House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Clark House (approx. 1.6 miles away); Meed House (approx. 1.7 miles away); Harmanus Bogardus House / Blacksmith Shop (approx. 1.8 miles Slingerland-Lagrange Farm (approx. 1.8 miles away); Matthew Bullock (approx. 1.9 miles away); Slingerland House 1762 (approx. 2 miles away); Site of the Battle of Clarksville (approx. 2.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Scotland.
More about this marker. The Lime Kiln Farm Historical Marker was unveiled at the Miller Farm, 277 Clipp Road, in New Scotland, on Saturday, June 11th, 2016, at 10 a.m. The lime burning industry was very important and significantly contributed to the growth of Clarksville, a hamlet within the Town of New Scotland. This event was sponsored by the New Scotland Historical Association and the marker was purchased with grant money from the William G. Pomeroy Foundation.
Additional keywords. Dan Driscoll
Credits. This page was last revised on August 29, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 29, 2016, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 243 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 29, 2016, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.