New Scotland in Albany County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
David Allen House
c.1779. Original House Is
Stone. Wood Sections Added
Later. Occupied by The
Allen Family over 100 Years.
Erected by New Scotland Historical Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1779.
Location. 42° 35.605′ N, 73° 56.497′ W. Marker is in New Scotland, New York, in Albany County. Marker is on Clipp Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 261 Clipp Road, Delmar NY 12054, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lime Kiln Farm (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Clark House (approx. 1.6 miles away); Meed House (approx. 1.7 miles away); Slingerland-Lagrange Farm (approx. 1.7 miles away); Harmanus Bogardus House / Blacksmith Shop (approx. 1.7 miles away); Slingerland House 1762 (approx. 1.9 miles away); Matthew Bullock (approx. 2 miles away); Site of the Battle of Clarksville (approx. 2.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Scotland.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 29, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 29, 2016, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 463 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 29, 2016, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.