Terrell in Kaufman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Church of the Good Shepherd
Victorian Gothic church was completed in 1907. It has an elaborately carved oak altar and a rare Gratian organ.
Erected 1967 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 8499.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1877.
Location. 32° 44.369′ N, 96° 16.681′ W. Marker is in Terrell, Texas, in Kaufman County. Marker is at the intersection of West College Street and North Frances Street, on the right when traveling west on West College Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 West College Street, Terrell TX 75160, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Baptist Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Carnegie Public Library (about 400 feet away); Carnegie Library Building (about 400 feet away); Gov. Oscar Branch Colquitt (1861-1940) (about 700 feet away); First Christian Church of Terrell (about 700 feet away); Rockwall and Brin Church of Christ (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. John Catholic Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); The American National Bank (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Terrell.
Also see . . . Church of the Good Shepherd. (Submitted on August 31, 2016.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 31, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 30, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. This page has been viewed 307 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 30, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.