Glen Ellyn in DuPage County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1967 by The DuPage Chapter Daughters of the American Colonists and The Illinois State Historical Society.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Colonists, and the Illinois State Historical Society series lists.
Location. 41° 53.389′ N, 88° 3.879′ W. Marker is in Glen Ellyn, Illinois, in DuPage County. Marker is at the intersection of Geneva Road and Main Street, on the right when traveling east on Geneva Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 553 Geneva Road, Glen Ellyn IL 60137, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the Glen Ellyn Main Street Historic District (approx. 0.6 miles away); Army Trail Road (approx. 4.7 miles away); Site of St. Paul Lutheran School (approx. 4.7 miles away); Kinderheim Arch (approx. 4.7 miles away); The Gazebos of Addison (approx. 4.8 miles away); Site of Lutheran Teacher’s Seminary (approx. 4.8 miles away); Veterans Circle (approx. 4.9 miles away); Old Mill (approx. 5 miles away).
Also see . . . Stacy's Tavern Museum - Glen Ellyn Historical Society. (Submitted on September 9, 2016, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 19, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 8, 2016, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 318 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 8, 2016, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. 4. submitted on June 27, 2019, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.