Augusta in Richmond County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
William Bartram Visited Augusta, 1773.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 121-7.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Exploration • Horticulture & Forestry • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society, and the William Bartram Trails series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1765.
Location. 33° 28.321′ N, 81° 58.091′ W. Marker is in Augusta, Georgia, in Richmond County. Marker can be reached Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Augusta GA 30901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Church Of The Most Holy Trinity (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Baptist Church Convention (about 600 feet away); Samuel Hammond (about 700 feet away); The First Baptist Church (about 700 feet away); Georgia R.R. & Banking Co. (about 700 feet away); The Veterans of 1898-1902 (about 700 feet away); 4th Infantry (Ivy) Division (about 800 feet away); Two Early Augusta Churches (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Augusta.
Also see . . . Wikipedia entry for William Bartram. Bartram, in 1773, embarked upon a four-year journey through eight southern colonies. (Submitted on August 1, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 21, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 1, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,541 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 1, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.