Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Georgetown in Northwest Washington in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

The Presbyterian Congregation in George Town

 
 
The Presbyterian Congregation in George Town, Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Makali Bruton, September 12, 2016
1. The Presbyterian Congregation in George Town, Marker
Inscription.  The Presbyterian Congregation in George Town, founded in 1780 and chartered by Congress in 1806, has the longest unbroken ministry in Washington. This building was erected in 1821 at what is now 30th and M, was moved to this site in 1873 and altered to a Victorian style. In 1956, the building was faithfully restored to its original Federal style.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: ArchitectureChurches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1780.
 
Location. 38° 54.562′ N, 77° 3.728′ W. Marker is in Northwest Washington in Washington, District of Columbia. It is in Georgetown. Marker is on P Street Northwest west of 31st Street Northwest, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3115 P Street Northwest, Washington DC 20007, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Volunteerism and Valor (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Emma V. Brown Residence (about 400 feet away); A Georgetown "Cathedral" (about 400 feet away); The Cornerstone of the Original Christ Church (about 400 feet away); Dumbarton United Methodist Church
The Presbyterian Congregation in George Town, Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Makali Bruton, September 12, 2016
2. The Presbyterian Congregation in George Town, Marker
The marker is at street level, towards the middle-right in this photo.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(about 600 feet away); Volta Place: A Place in History (about 700 feet away); South Lawn (about 700 feet away); A Drugstore Like No Other (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Northwest Washington.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 30, 2023. It was originally submitted on September 12, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Accra, Ghana. This page has been viewed 230 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 12, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Accra, Ghana.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=97747

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Feb. 3, 2023