Morrisville in Lamoille County, Vermont — The American Northeast (New England)
Built c. 1872 by the St. Johnsbury and Lamoille County Railroad, a division of the Portland & Ogdensburg Railroad, this depot served as an important stop linking Portland, Maine and the Great Lakes for nearly a century. The original portion of the depot has a low gable roof and broad projecting eaves supported by heavy chamfered brackets. In 1956, passenger service was discontinued.
Erected 2015 by Vermont Division for Historic Preservation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Railroads & Streetcars.
Location. 44° 33.843′ N, 72° 35.895′ W. Marker is in Morrisville, Vermont, in Lamoille County. Marker is at the intersection of Portland Street and Railroad Street, on the right when traveling north on Portland Street. Marker is located in front of an eatery named "10 Railroad Street". Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Morrisville VT 05661, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Noyes House Museum (approx. 0.2 miles away); Town of Johnson Civil War Honor RollTown of Johnson World War and Spanish War Honor Roll (approx. 6.6 miles away); Julian Scott (approx. 6.6 miles away); Reverend George S. Brown (approx. 6.8 miles away); Fisher Bridge (approx. 8.7 miles away); Camp Wapanacki (approx. 10 miles away); Smugglers Notch (approx. 10˝ miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on September 13, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 13, 2016, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. This page has been viewed 196 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 13, 2016, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec.