Terrell in Kaufman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The W. E. Henderson House
Structure is of select heart pine from the big timber of the Beaumont area. Rooms are large and lofty, with 12-foot ceilings.
Erected 1970 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 8525.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1898.
Location. Marker is missing. It was located near 32° 47.371′ N, 96° 11.572′ W. Marker was in Terrell, Texas, in Kaufman County. Marker could be reached from Farm to Market Road 429, 5½ miles north of U.S. 80, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Terrell TX 75161, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Poetry Baptist Church (approx. 3.9 miles Poetry Methodist Church (approx. 3.9 miles away); Ables Springs (approx. 4.6 miles away); Terrell State Hospital Cemetery (approx. 4.6 miles away); Porter Farms (approx. 4.8 miles away); Dry Creek Cemetery (approx. 5.3 miles away); Terrell State Hospital (approx. 5.4 miles away); Terrell Elementary School (approx. 5.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Terrell.
More about this marker. The W. E. Henderson house has been destroyed. The marker is now in the possession of the Terrell Historical Society Museum.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 14, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 13, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. This page has been viewed 310 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 13, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.