Terrell in Kaufman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First United Methodist Church
Erected 1977 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 8516.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1873.
Location. 32° 44.381′ N, 96° 16.887′ W. Marker is in Terrell, Texas, in Kaufman County. Marker is at the intersection of West College Street and North Hattie Street, on the left when traveling west on West College Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 503 West College Street, Terrell TX 75160, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distanceRockwall and Brin Church of Christ (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Church of the Good Shepherd (approx. 0.2 miles away); Carnegie Library Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Carnegie Public Library (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gov. Oscar Branch Colquitt (1861-1940) (approx. ¼ mile away); Dr. L. E. Griffith Homeplace (approx. ¼ mile away); First Baptist Church (approx. ¼ mile away); St. John Catholic Church (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Terrell.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 19, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. This page has been viewed 251 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 19, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.