New Brighton in Beaver County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Wayman Chapel A.M.E. Church
First church of denomination between Pittsburgh and Cleveland
Original building built on 3rd Ave. Used until 1878. Chartered in 1880. Current church building erected in 1894.
Erected 2016 by Beaver County Historical Research and Landmarks Foundation.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1837.
Location. 40° 43.969′ N, 80° 18.558′ W. Marker is in New Brighton, Pennsylvania, in Beaver County. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1120 6th Avenue, New Brighton PA 15066, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Underground Railroad (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Merrick Art Gallery (about 300 feet away); First Presbyterian Church of New Brighton (about 600 feet away); Christ Episcopal Church (about 700 feet away); White Cottage (about 700 feet Underground Railroad (approx. 0.2 miles away); Childhood Home of Edward Dempster Merrick (approx. Ό mile away); This Tablet Marks the Site of (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Brighton.
Also see . . . Beaver County Historical Research and Landmarks Foundation. (Submitted on September 21, 2016, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 21, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 21, 2016, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 375 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 21, 2016, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.