Cincinnati in Hamilton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Greek Revival Architecture Example
Built in the 1820's as a residence, this example of Greek Revival Architecture is a contributing element to the West Fourth Street National Register Historic District. The building also housed several businesses, including a homeopathic pharmacy, an interior decorating firm, and the legendary Pigall's French Restaurant.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce.
Location. 39° 5.967′ N, 84° 30.904′ W. Marker is in Cincinnati, Ohio, in Hamilton County. Marker is on West 4th Street east of Elm Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 127 West 4th Street, Cincinnati OH 45202, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Burnet House (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); The First High Rise Concrete Frame Building in the United States (about 800 feet away); Kinsey Flats (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cincinnati Fire Fighters (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cincinnati Gymnasium and Athletic Club (approx. ¼ mile away); The Berlin WallFirst National Correctional Congress / Declaration of Principles of 1870 (approx. ¼ mile away); Kennedy Speech (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cincinnati.
Also see . . . West Fourth Street Historic District (Cincinnati, Ohio). Wikipedia entry (Submitted on May 25, 2022, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on May 25, 2022. It was originally submitted on September 24, 2016, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 210 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 24, 2016, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.