Lusk in Niobrara County, Wyoming — The American West (Mountains)
Redwood Water Tank
The original site was several hundred feet to the west of the present location. The water was furnished from a well by a windmill. Later it came from a hand dug well by hand and steam power. The tank is one of the six left standing in the US.
The historic society has been working to preserve the tank since 1971. We had assistance from (the) Chicago Northwestern Railroad, the Town of Lusk, and numerous other contributions.
Erected by Niobrara County Historic Society and Fancy Farmers Garden Club.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical date for this entry is July 13, 1886.
Location. 42° 45.744′ N, 104° 26.58′ W. Marker is in Lusk, Wyoming, in Niobrara County. Marker is on East 3rd Street (U.S. 20) near 3rd Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for mapTouch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Redwood Water Tank (a few steps from this marker); Niobrara County Courthouse (approx. 0.4 miles away); Oldest Building in Lusk (approx. half a mile away); The C & H Refinery (approx. 0.9 miles away); Breaks in the Prairie (approx. 2.2 miles away); Lusk Rest Area (approx. 2.2 miles away); Cheyenne-Deadwood Trail (approx. 2.3 miles away); George Lathrop (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lusk.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 29, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 29, 2016, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 298 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 29, 2016, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.