Mt. Pleasant M. E. Church
1864 - 1962
Mt. Pleasant M. E. Church served the
communities of Preston, Elwood, Tanyard,
Jonestown and Marsh Creek. The church
grew spiritually and financially for many
years fostering many local preachers.
Dedicated leaders of the Sunday
School, choir, usher board, and
trustee boards, as well as many
other counterparts of the
church revealed many successes.
On Easter Monday in the year of
1962 Mt. Pleasant M. E. Church was
destroyed by fire.
This memorial is dedicated in
loving memory by the trustees of
Mt. Calvary United Methodist
Church of Preston, Maryland.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1864.
Location. 38° 43.24′ N, 75° 55.565′ W. Marker is in Preston, Maryland, in Caroline County. Marker is on Marsh Creek Road. Marker is in Mt. Pleasant Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Preston MD 21655, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mt. Pleasant Cemetery (a few steps from this marker); Site of Frazier’s Chapel (approx. 1.1 miles Preston (approx. 1.1 miles away); Linchester Mill (approx. 2 miles away); The Underground Railroad (approx. 2 miles away); Linchester (approx. 2.1 miles away); a different marker also named Linchester Mill (approx. 2.1 miles away); Leverton House (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Preston.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 6, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 6, 2016, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 224 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 6, 2016, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.