Jonathan Ellicott Building
Built by Jonathan Ellicott, John Day used this building as a store and a home in the 1850s. Dr. Thomas B. Owings moved here after death of his wife and six of his children in the 1868 flood. More recently this building has housed many dentists, including Drs. J. E. Shreve, Louis Brown, George Hansen, William Bishop and Robert Boman.
Erected by Historic Ellicott City, Inc.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 39° 16.111′ N, 76° 48.018′ W. Marker is in Ellicott City, Maryland, in Howard County. Marker is on Main Street west of Court Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8370 Main Street, Ellicott City MD 21043, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ellicott City Volunteer Fire Department (here, next to this marker); New Fire Station & Transit Terminal (a few steps from this marker); Fire House Annex (within shouting distance of this marker); The National Road (within shouting distance of this
Also see . . . Historic Ellicott City, Inc. (Submitted on October 6, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 6, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 6, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 208 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 6, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.