Dearborn in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Richard Gardner House
Built in 1832
Dearbornville, Michigan Territory, in the Old Northwest Territory.
This house is a perfect example of pioneer construction. It was located in the Scottish settlement in Dearborn Township. Today, it would be south of Warren Avenue, near Southfield Road in Dearborn. Presently located at 915 Brady Street, Dearborn, Michigan.
It is part of the Dearborn Historical Museum.
Erected 2015 by Dearborn Historical Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 42° 18.49′ N, 83° 14.385′ W. Marker is in Dearborn, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of South Brady Street and Garrison Street. The Richard Gardner House is at the back of the parking lot for the Dearborn Historical Museum. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 915 South Brady Street, Dearborn MI 48124, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Orville L. Hubbard, LLB (a few steps from this marker); U.S. Arsenal 1839-1875 Powder Magazine U. S. Arsenal - - - Armory (approx. ¼ mile away); U.S. Arsenal-Sutler's Shop (approx. ¼ mile away); A Military Reserve (approx. ¼ mile away); Michigan Soldiers Trained at U.S. Arsenal During Civil War (approx. ¼ mile away); Commandant's Quarters (approx. ¼ mile away); U.S. Arsenal Officers' - Surgeons' Quarters and Barracks 1833 - 1875 (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dearborn.
Also see . . . Dearborn Historical Museum Tour: Gardner House. (Submitted on October 10, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 10, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 10, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 149 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 10, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.