Franklin in Oakland County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Franklin Community Church
Ecumenical in spirit"
The first Franklin village church was organized in 1840 by Reverend Laban Smith. A building was constructed on German Mill Street and dedicated in 1863.
This santuary was dedicated in 1956, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places with the National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior.
Dedicated to the memory of all church members who have entered the Church Triumphant.
Erected by Franklin Community Church.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1840.
Location. 42° 31.547′ N, 83° 18.452′ W. Marker is in Franklin, Michigan, in Oakland County. Marker is at the intersection of Normandy Road and Wellington Road, on the left when traveling north on Normandy Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 26425 Wellington Road, Franklin MI 48025, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Robert E. Cornillie's Vision (within shouting distance of this marker); Kreger Farm BuildingsFranklin Village (about 400 feet away); Franklin Village School (approx. 0.2 miles away); Franklin Cemetery (approx. Ό mile away); Van Every Gristmill (approx. 0.3 miles away); Congregation Beth El / Temple Beth El (approx. 1.1 miles away); Fractional District School (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Franklin.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 15, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 15, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 259 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 15, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.