Beltsville in Prince George's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Ebenezer Meeting House
First Methodist Episcopal Church in Beltsville, Maryland
Ebenezer Meeting House was built on this location and was in use until about 1861. A cemetery was located near the log meeting house. Several gravesites still remain.
Erected 1986 by the Prince George’s County Historical Society.
Location. 39° 3.054′ N, 76° 55.356′ W. Marker is in Beltsville, Maryland, in Prince George's County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Gunpowder Road and Powdermill Road (Maryland Route 212), on the right when traveling north on Old Gunpowder Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Beltsville MD 20705, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Van Horn’s Tavern (approx. 1.4 miles away); Site of Van Horn's Tavern (approx. 1½ miles away); Beltsville Agricultural Research Center - West (approx. 1.7 miles away); Brown’s Tavern (approx. 2 miles away); Site of Rhodes’ Tavern Queen’s Chapel Methodist Church, Established 1868 (approx. 2½ miles away); When the Iron was Hot: African America Ironworkers of Muirkirk (approx. 2.7 miles away); Iron Production: Maryland's Industrial Past - The Iron Making Process (approx. 2.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Beltsville.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for Ebenezer Meeting House.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 20, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 14, 2007, by Dudeindacorner of Laurel, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,306 times since then and 3 times this year. Last updated on October 19, 2016. Photos: 1. submitted on April 14, 2007, by Dudeindacorner of Laurel, Maryland. 2, 3. submitted on February 10, 2008, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.