Red Sulphur Spring in Monroe County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Red Sulphur Springs
Erected 1969 by West Virginia Historic Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Former U.S. Presidents: #23 Benjamin Harrison, and the West Virginia Archives and History series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1832.
Location. 37° 30.811′ N, 80° 45.907′ W. Marker is in Red Sulphur Spring, West Virginia, in Monroe County. Marker is at the intersection of Ballard-Red Sulphur Parkway (West Virginia Route 12) and Indian Creek Road (County Route 23), on the left when traveling south on Ballard-Red Sulphur Parkway. West of Pine Grove Road (County Route 27). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ballard WV 24918, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Summers County / Monroe County (approx. Civil War Camp (approx. 4.1 miles away); Mike Foster (approx. 4.2 miles away); Cook's Fort (approx. 4.7 miles away); Saltpeter Caves (approx. 5.4 miles away); Mann-Miller / Springfield (approx. 6 miles away); Grave of Elizabeth Graham Stodghill (approx. 6.4 miles away); Dr. Henry Lake Dickason (approx. 6.7 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on September 15, 2018. It was originally submitted on October 25, 2016, by Roger Miller of Pulaski, Virginia. This page has been viewed 352 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 25, 2016, by Roger Miller of Pulaski, Virginia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.