Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lawrenceville in Lawrence Township in Mercer County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Lawrence House, 1840

 
 
Lawrence House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Gary Nigh, circa March 2008
1. Lawrence House Marker
Inscription.  Home of the wheelwright and site of the wheelwright shop.

Harvey Brearley’s store 1837
 
Erected by Township of Lawrence.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1837.
 
Location. 40° 17.936′ N, 74° 43.707′ W. Marker is in Lawrence Township, New Jersey, in Mercer County. It is in Lawrenceville. Marker is on Lawrenceville Road (Main Street) (U.S. 206) ¼ mile north of Gordon Avenue, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2711 Lawrenceville Road, Lawrence Township NJ 08648, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Town Hall (a few steps from this marker); John Moore’s Tavern (a few steps from this marker); Maidenhead Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Route of Washington’s March (approx. 2.4 miles away); Temple-Ryan Farmhouse (approx. 2.6 miles away); <br>Route of Washington’s March (approx. 2.6 miles
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
away); a different marker also named Route of Washington’s March (approx. 3 miles away); Revolutionary War Site (approx. 3.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lawrence Township.
 
Lawrence House image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Gary Nigh, circa March 2008
2. Lawrence House
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 7, 2023. It was originally submitted on August 4, 2008, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 888 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 4, 2008, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=9918

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 23, 2024