Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lawrenceville in Lawrence Township in Mercer County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

First Town Hall

1931 – 1944

 
 
First Town Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Gary Nigh, circa March 2008
1. First Town Hall Marker
Inscription.  
Joseph Scudder House c. 1779

 
Erected by Lawrence Historic & Aesthetic Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. A significant historical year for this entry is 1779.
 
Location. 40° 17.94′ N, 74° 43.703′ W. Marker is in Lawrence Township, New Jersey, in Mercer County. It is in Lawrenceville. Marker is on Lawrenceville Road (Main Street) (U.S. 206) 0.2 miles north of Gordon Avenue, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2705 Lawrenceville Road, Lawrence Township NJ 08648, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lawrence House, 1840 (a few steps from this marker); John Moore’s Tavern (within shouting distance of this marker); Maidenhead Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Route of Washington’s March (approx. 2.4 miles away); Temple-Ryan Farmhouse (approx. 2.6 miles away); <br>Route of Washington’s March (approx. 2.6 miles away); a
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
different marker also named Route of Washington’s March (approx. 3 miles away); Revolutionary War Site (approx. 3.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lawrence Township.
 
First Town Hall image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Gary Nigh, circa March 2008
2. First Town Hall
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 7, 2023. It was originally submitted on August 4, 2008, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 885 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 4, 2008, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=9919

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jun. 21, 2024