Morrow in Warren County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The First Settlement of the Virginia Military Lands
— A Reclaimed Marker —
Erected 1940 by Warren County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 39° 21.55′ N, 84° 10.516′ W. Marker is in Morrow, Ohio, in Warren County. Marker is on Old Stubbtown Road (County Route 35), on the right when traveling south. Marker is between the Little Miami River and the CCC Highway, Rts 22 and 3. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4851 Stubbs Mills Road, Morrow OH 45152, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Union Township Town Hall (approx. 2.2 miles away); Deerfield- South Lebanon (approx. 2.3 miles away); Morrow (approx. 2.9 miles away); Gershom Moore Peters, LLD / Peters Cartridge Company (approx. 3.7 miles away); The King Mansion / Ahimaaz King (1839-1909)Fort Ancient Dwelling (approx. 5 miles away); Fort Ancient Prehistoric Indian Earthworks (approx. 5 miles away); North Overlook (approx. 5 miles away).
More about this marker. Original bronze plaque was vandalized, but identical inscription has been carved in its place. In 2004, the park area was restored by Boy Scout Troop 36, as the Eagle Project of Stephen NeCamp
Credits. This page was last revised on November 9, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 7, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 299 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on November 7, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.